Happy new year! I'm still trying to process the fact that its 2013. It's so interesting to look back and reflect on this year that has passed. We've definitely had some good and bad times and really, I'm grateful for it all. What I'm really looking forward to, though, is what is to come. I've definitely set resolutions and goals for 2013. We're starting a new life here in New York and there isn't a more perfect time to make other life changes than starting now.
1. I know it's cliche and everyone is doing it but this really is the best time to start working out. I have made myself a promise to go running at least 3 times a week but preferably 5 days. Time to get that summer body in check.
2. Eat healthier. Does anyone know how hard this is when living in the city? It's like a city of foodies! Trying to be a full vegan seems like an unlikely goal but definitely eating healthy is one of my resolutions.
3. In an effort to get healthier, I'm cutting out drinking alcohol from my life. This one might be hard but who said you need alcohol to have fun? I'm actually excited for this one. I like testing my willpower.
4. I plan to be more crafty. Since we're going to be getting an apartment soon, I can't wait to start decorating and make it a real home. It's something I never got a chance to do in Orange County because we always knew we would be leaving. I will let Pinterest be my guide on this one, I have so many ideas!
5. I plan to take more walks with Michael and Mila. I like my quality time with my crazy pup and my favorite person in the world.
6. Lastly, I just want to be a better girlfriend to Michael. Not that I'm a crappy one but I want to be better about planning dates and birthdays and all the little things. I love our relationship but, like all relationships, they need effort to maintain the happiness. I can't wait to spend another year together with him.
So those are my goals. What are some of your resolutions? Isn't it refreshing to start a new year sometimes? It's like another chance to make everything right, to make everything better, to just be a better person. I love it. Here's to 2013. Maybe it be the best year yet.